Vaillant 837 or Worcester 30cdi ?

Sponsored Links
Two completely different boilers, different outputs and the Worcester could be either a combi or a heat only boiler............ Have you thought about what it is that you want to do?

OoooooKay!! so now they are both combis..... Why does the Vaillant have to be more powerful than the Worcester?

Ok I'll do your work for you.... Any given sized Worcester is just as good as the same sized Vaillant with the exception of the Junior and Si range where I dislike the location of the expansion vessel and so the equivalent Vaillant which I would say is the Ecotec Pro range, is better.

we fitted 63 vaillants (mostly pros and plus models last year).Had a problem with 1 (pump)

Fitted 12 Worcesters since JAN..Had prob with 3 of em...2 fans and a board?

coinsidence? My current bug bear is im finding that generally the higher the KW you fit doesnt equate to better flow rates even if your cold mains is ok.

Back to the question...Id go for the Vaillant. (although I don't like the fact they keep trying to poach my customers after i've fitted their boilers)

Sponsored Links
Vaillant customer service have gone to the dogs over here, too many ex Glowworm people been promoted beyond their ability.

Instead of answering their phones on time, training their technical staff properly and keeping their reps, they just keep emailing me with how they're blowing £3M on advertising.

Worcester on the other hand are open till 8pm, have a much better call handling unit, take customer satisfaction extremely seriously, and in our experience, have been more reliable in service.

The ecoTEC Plus range is a good boiler (now the troublesome hoses, seals, water pressure sensors and pumps have been upgraded) but Worcester have been spending money where our customers want it spent.

I would probably go for the Worcester boiler at the present time, ie: the 37CDi in preference to the ecoTEC 837. If Vaillant sort out their customer facing staff it would be a closer race, it won't happen this year because they have blown their money on the TV.

I have not seen any problems with flow rates on large combis - providing they are given a suitable water supply.

We have a very large installed base of Vaillant and I can see the pattern of failures. A significant number have had failing hoses, duff pumps and water pressure switches.

These are not installation defects, the fact that Vaillant have changed the design of these specific parts over the last 4 years underwrites this.

However I think there is nothing wrong with a new ecoTEC today, it's a very well made product; it's just the support that the customer receives that needs attention, and that is a UK specific issue.

Worcester are setting the standards here, which is a shame because under the previous management Vaillant UK were the leaders, and others followed.

Well said Simon.

Sums up my thoughts exactly and is why I will NEVER suggest fitting a Vaillant again

True I would never consider WB at any cost, but still wouldn't want to fit a Vaillant anymore.

Too many better makes out there at lower prices ;)

Out of the two that you've mentioned I would go for the vaillant.

My personal favourite of the month is the Remeha Avanta, well designed, fairly cheap and 35 fitted and only 1 callback on a loose shrader valve.

Ha! I've just ditched both WB and Vaillant and now fit the Haveabashiknackercrackie SDLGP..... It is built using NASA technology and materials, is guaranteed until the end of time and will never break down and will provide infinite quantities of hot water to any temperature you desire supplied from a 15mm water main and best of all it will produce gas as it operates so that your gas supplier will pay you to heat your home.... Sounds too good to be true? well it is true, because it is all on a website that I dreamed of one evening after a heavy session of Old Tom....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back