Vaillant and British Summer Time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning,

I hope this should be simple to answer (but tricky to explain).

I have a Vaillant boiler and use the VSmart app.

During the winter the timezone was set for GMT and this seemed to work as the heating came on at 5.30 when it was supposed to. Yay!

However, we have just switched to BST this weekend just gone (the clocks have moved forward by an hour). Now the heating comes on an hour later (even though I haven't changed any times in the schedule). If I switch the timezone to 'London' then the indication on the main screen says 'Night until 18.30' even thought the schedule is still set for the heating to come on at 17.30! What timezone should I set this to so that it's works during BST?

Many thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Hi Harry,

Please let me know if you find a solution. For now I'm going to try leaving it on GMT and setting the schedule an hour before I actually want it to come on (set it to come on at 16.30 in the hope that it'll come on at 17.30)! Not ideal.
Thanks
Glyn

Hi Harry,

Please let me know if you find a solution. For now I'm going to try leaving it on GMT and setting the schedule an hour before I actually want it to come on (set it to come on at 16.30 in the hope that it'll come on at 17.30)! Not ideal.
Thanks
Glyn

My Vaillant has changed it's clock time correctly. It's a full VRC 470f system. It has an option, to automatically switch from GMT to BST, but I have not had it long enough to remember whether it did, or didn't do the switch correctly. All good.

Sponsored Links
Hi Ian, is that in the VSmart App? I can't find it in the settings.

cant honestly remember, I have had it before with a customer and had to set the GMT to automatic update, there is a choice of manual or automatic, it might be in your user profile under location, sorry I cant be clearer it was a while ago that I had this @ScottishGasMan might know, I have prompted him for you, he will come back shortly and see if he knows

Okay, thanks for your help, Ian.

Is there anyone else out there who can offer any additional advice?

Thanks Harry. That's for the thermostat not the app. There are no controls on the thermostat other than for changing the temp. All the schedule controls are on the app (which is a problem when the app is so poorly designed).

Okay, thanks for your help, Ian.

Is there anyone else out there who can offer any additional advice?
the lad I tagged for you works for valliant if he doesnt know he will know someone that does, best you wait for his advice I reckeon

Select the three bars top right in the main display in the Vsmart app. Select information to go to settings screen. Tap on 3 dots top right. Select timezone and set for Europe,London. Clock will now automatically change for GMT and BST.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back