Vaillant and Megaflo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Newbie to the forum and hope to get some advice.

We will be putting a new system in place with Vaillant EcoTECH 630 system boiler, Megaflo 250L. The thing is that I want a weather compensator (as I get it it's best to be from the same brand as the boiler) and chose VRC470F. However, the company that will be doing the project tries to change my mind saying that it is not a reliable device, we won't need it, it will cause only troubles etc. However, they also confirmed that they never used them and never installed them but will do it if I really insist. So, I read a lot on the Net- Vaillant's web site and forums etc but still can't figure it out whether/how to do it.

As I understand, with system boilers we will need VR61 or VR 66. We want to zone the house (2 zones) and my question is:

- shall we have the VRC470f plus other room thermostats, if yes, what model perhaps would be recommended to work well together;
- Which control/wiring centre will we need? I first thought VR61 but on Vaillant's site is VR61/3 which says will only work with Vaillant cylinder http://www.vaillant.co.uk/homeowner...tem-controls/produkt_vaillant/ht-vr-61-3.html
- Can the battery on the sensor run low and what shall be done? Or, if the sensor gets broken, will the VRC470F still work as a room thermostat without causing the boiler to stop working.
- Would we be able to adjust the inside temperature ourselves as the company said I can't change the curve but only a heating engineer. So, if it'd preset at 20 and I feel cold I won't be able to amend it.
- Still, could I have the T downstairs at, say 20 degrees, and upstairs 18, for instance?
- Alternatively, which is the non-WC thermostat (as the company only suggests using Honeywell.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back