Replaced Vaillant VR21 with VRC DCF (9535) not working

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hi,

I have a Vaillant heating system at home (Ecotec Plus, VRC470f, VR61) and because I've been repletely facing issues with the VR21 wireless outside sensor (dies every 2 - 4 years) I installed a wired VRC DCF (9535) to replace the VR21 sensor. The new sensor is properly installed and detected by the boiler. I can read the outside temperature from it. Thing is that the VRC470f regulator is not taking this new wired sensor into account and consider that the wireless VR21 is missing. I would like the VRC470f regulator to forget about that wireless sensor. Is there any process to do this? I've not been able to find anything about this...

Thanks for the help!

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have a Vaillant heating system at home (Ecotec Plus, VRC470f, VR61) and because I've been repletely facing issues with the VR21 wireless outside sensor (dies every 2 - 4 years) I installed a wired VRC DCF (9535) to replace the VR21 sensor. The new sensor is properly installed and detected by the boiler. I can read the outside temperature from it. Thing is that the VRC470f regulator is not taking this new wired sensor into account and consider that the wireless VR21 is missing. I would like the VRC470f regulator to forget about that wireless sensor. Is there any process to do this? I've not been able to find anything about this...

Thanks for the help!

There is a reset to factory settings in the VRC, have you tried that?

There is a reset to factory settings in the VRC, have you tried that?

No. If I do so, what settings am I going to loose? The all boiler setup or just some settings stored into the VRC? Because I don't want to loose the boiler setup I did no tried that...

No. If I do so, what settings am I going to loose? The all boiler setup or just some settings stored into the VRC? Because I don't want to loose the boiler setup I did no tried that...

Check and note down all the settings, before you reset..

Before that, it might be worth asking Vaillant if the VRC DCF (9535) is compatible with your setup, explaining the problems you have, plus the problems with the VR21. I have had no such problems so far, with my VR21.

Sponsored Links
Check and note down all the settings, before you reset..

Before that, it might be worth asking Vaillant if the VRC DCF (9535) is compatible with your setup, explaining the problems you have, plus the problems with the VR21. I have had no such problems so far, with my VR21.
Getting ride of the wireless sensor was the best advice from Vaillant itself. When they replaced it under warranty the first time they told me to switch to a wired one because the wireless sensor was such a piece of cr*p... So that's what I finally did ;)

So If I do a factory reset I'll loose all the boiler settings, right? I'll contact Vaillant first to talk about my setup.

So If I do a factory reset I'll loose all the boiler settings, right? I'll contact Vaillant first to talk about my setup.

Yep, just as it arrived, fresh from the factory, with factory settings. The manual that it comes with, has places for you to write down the settings, for future reference. Maybe a good time to note those down?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back