Vaillant boiler f.55 error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i had my first service.

The service engineer said I need to get vaillant to replace the co2 sensor under warantee as the reading is flucatating.

There is a spanner symbol with a f.55 on boiler(see picture).

I checked display 2 weeks ago and that wasn’t their. I’m thinking the service engineer caused this error!

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 4462E81C-5828-446E-800B-6886C75E676E.jpeg
    4462E81C-5828-446E-800B-6886C75E676E.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 6,582
Sponsored Links
Co sensors can fail at any point. But your Boiler is covered under warranty so do as your engineer has told you. It’s not difficult but most embarrassing that you don’t trust your Service engineer

FFS! Plumbing and heating components form part of a “system”!
It’s very common, especially on older systems, for the manipulation/repair/replacement of one part to result in failure of another part, that is at breaking point. Improvement in one area reveals weakness in others!
And there are also complete coincidences... we once had a customer suggest a failed ball-valve on a CWSC was caused by our recent servicing of their boiler! :rolleyes::cautious:

Good luck with them Vaillant iq takes 20mins to go through combustion checks and are very sensitive with doing this, there is a co sensor that is very sensitive and Vaillant are changing a fair few of these at the moment, if your working pressure was not 17mbar or the engineer didn’t go through the 20min combustion check you will get f55. Oh and good luck changing the divertor in the future with the cold pipe covering it to go to the back of heat hex

Sponsored Links
This is vaillant a newest range of boiler. (Only out 15 months ago - green iq 627)

It’s already had a replaced pump(it was making a whirring noise after 2 months) and now this

Good luck with them Vaillant iq takes 20mins to go through combustion checks and are very sensitive with doing this, there is a co sensor that is very sensitive and Vaillant are changing a fair few of these at the moment, if your working pressure was not 17mbar or the engineer didn’t go through the 20min combustion check you will get f55. Oh and good luck changing the divertor in the future with the cold pipe covering it to go to the back of heat hex
So your saying green is range isn’t great?? He filled my benchmark with this, and wrote faulty co2 sensor. Would this mean my warranty would be void unless I did a recheck????

Co sensors can fail at any point. But your Boiler is covered under warranty so do as your engineer has told you. It’s not difficult but most embarrassing that you don’t trust your Service engineer
Reason being is he said this is first of this type of boiler he has seen.

Installer hasn’t done anything wrong, this product hasn’t been tested in uk, just put out straight away to see how it performs/fails.does very well it terms of erp rating/efficiency etc and installers love them as they tick every box.... but I don’t think there have the love in the future when they have to fix them. Everyone love Broag remehas till the faults come about.
Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry typo error should of been everyone loved the broags until they started to fail...

Reason being is he said this is first of this type of boiler he has seen.
i very much doubt it. The reason he told you contact the manufacturer was so that the part could be replaced under warranty FOC. If he did it would have cost you quite dearly and the wait for getting that part would be a while as i don't think they are stocked yet at the merchants as the boilers fitted with them are all still under warranty. But as your real reason was is now becoming clearer in your attempt to discredit this unknown engineer!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back