Vaillant boiler leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My in-laws returned home after a few weeks away to find the boiler had lost pressure, which has happened in the past a couple of times. The boiler was re-pressured but water started leaking from the top of the expansion vessel. It appears to have stopped now but obviously somethings not right. Could the the EV be knackered or was it pressurised too much?

9oqWN7m.jpg

Sponsored Links
EV could be knackered, it could equally be condensation caused by a leaking flue. You've now disturbed the room seal by removing the casing, and shouldn't use the boiler again until it's been checked for safety by a professional. I see it's fired up in the picture, nice to know you've got a good regard for your safety and the safety of those around you :-/

Sponsored Links
So should I put the cover back on? We've been roasting marshmallows next to the flame this afternoon (delicious BTW)

Hard to tell from that picture but looks like original nuts on the door and no G10 sticker either. Get an RGI out and do your in laws a favour and stop putting their safety at risk.

Jon

Just reading this post from yesterday!

How awful that its not even his own boiler.

Acting irresponsibly at someone else's property is really very bad.

Even if they are inlaws!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back