Vaillant Boiler not warming enough

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I've moved to a property which has a Vaillant Ecotec plus 835. I haven't used the CH as there's been a good period of warm weather. I switched it on yesterday and it warmed up, however even after setting the thermostat to 27C, the max the temp climbed from 18C to 20.5C.

I checked the boiler, but from what I can tell, it is already set to a max of 75C, however after 1.5hrs, it's only managed to climb to 58C. No error codes, nor is the flow-rate of the water very fast.

Is there any setting I need to adjust?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I'm sorry hertsboilers, but there is no "i" button that I can see.

Here is the layout:-

20160929_204915.jpg

Here is the temperature of the Central Heating when the boiler was running earlier:-

20160929_195702.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thank you.

The water pressure is 1.8bars
The status is: No heat demand controller (However this must be because my CH has been off for the last hour)
The information is regarding the serial number etc
There is also an Installer option - When I got into this, the status is 00.

Okay, thanks but may I ask what was the reason I needed to access the "i" menu? What info were you looking for and what do I need to do next?

Have the boiler running the central heating only, press the two top buttons and you should see an "s" code, that's it.

How long should I run the CH for and when should I check for this "S" code? Also what would this mean?

Right, I turned on the hallway thermostat and the boiler has cycled from s01 to s04, which now says - "Heating Mode: Burner On"

Okay thank you.

I think I made a mistake regarding the 57C....It actually climbed to 63C with s04. But then suddenly dropped rapidly down. I quickly checked again and the error is s07 - PUMP OVERRUN. Also there is like a Sandtimer icon showing.

Go into d.0 , more than likely 'auto' will flag up on display , change auto to manual.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back