1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Vaillant Combi Boiler help please

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Dougie212, 27 Aug 2016.

1. Dougie212

Dougie212

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thank you for all your advise everyone!! I do have it serviced and to be honest it is due one.. typically at its last service the problem was intermittent and if Im honest, i forgot to mention it. I won't be trying this as a DIY fix, boilers un-nerve me and anything involving gas is well left to the experts in my opinion. Thanks again everyone

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sponsored Links
  3. The831Bunny

The831Bunny

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Now, if we're being anal about this, the safety recall was only issued concerning the open flued versions of this range. The OP's pic is of a VCW242/282.

Having said that it appears the lead seal and wire is still intact, so in the GS engineer we trust.

She looks a good old girl as @ianmcd says. Around 1988, original pump, no bad leaks, Domestic replaced with plate kit (thats a given), Diverter looks a bit too shiny for 28YO.

I must stop this lol!...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ianmcd

ianmcd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Great Boilers have yet to see a modern boiler that will give the service that these ladies have, OP find yourself someone who knows this boiler and it will be sorted no problem

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dougie212

Dougie212

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks Ian... I have just dropped someone who is advertised as a former Valiant Glow Worm Technician in my area so hopefully they will get back to me soon. Could I also just ask, when my boiler has sat for sometime over the summer I go round and just check the bleed vales on the radiators and release a tiny bit of air, if any... Is there something on the boiler the I should bleed air from? and.... the hot water sometimes comes through cloudy, especially when the boiler has ran after the hot tap has previously ran.... (due to the original posted problem)... Is the cloudiness because the water is too hot and will therefore rectify when the original issue is solved

6. AGAS

AGAS

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    na edit that

been a while ,someone remind me what notice I'm a bit confused:D

7. Sponsored Links
  8. ianmcd

ianmcd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The milky water is just air bubbles in the water as it passes through the heat exchanger it gets boiled and if you leave it a few minutes it will soon clear, this happens with all combi boilers and is more common when you run the hot tap slowly, absolutely natural and nothing to worry about

9. Dougie212

Dougie212

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    fantastic.. thank you!!!!! your all...(most of you..) awesome..!!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Phill Peck

Phill Peck

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Piston, spindle
    Potato, potAto

OP hopefully the guy you've contacted is as good as @The831Bunny and @Bunnyman and will have it fixed in no time.
    As said there is a risk it's badly corroded but hopefully not.

11. Bunnyman

Bunnyman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Tony retire ffs

• Like Like x 1
  12. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local