Vaillant Combi VCW sine 18 T3W

If you lived near me then I still have a couple of wax stats but only for my customers!

tony

Sponsored Links
Bit of a further update, I actually got some hot water through the boiler today although it hasn't done it again since lunch time. Would that be possible if the Flow Switch wasn't working?

i have one of the valves in my garage if you need it, its new but must have been there over 10 years, if you pay the postage you can have the valve for free

Sponsored Links
Not at all, its just that I like to look after my loyal customers !

But see above you have an offer of one for free! That's very generous!

Many installers are not happy that I will keep these old boilers going when they think that they should be replacing them!

But I do get some pleasure keeping old boilers going.

Tony

If I drain the system to fit a new flow switch should I fit a new NTC sensor? Will the old one break trying to remove it?

You don't need to remove any sensor.

They are particularly reliable and mechanically solid too.

The only problem might be to remove the three screws in the flow switch. You need to use a very strong screwdriver which fits tightly into the slot!

Tony

You don't need to remove any sensor.

They are particularly reliable and mechanically solid too.

The only problem might be to remove the three screws in the flow switch. You need to use a very strong screwdriver which fits tightly into the slot!

Tony

Appreciate the info about how robust it is. Guys on here are excellent.

If I was replacing the complete unit it would need to be removed and screwed onto the new one. I'm going to try the wax capsule change on its own first though. Hopefully not need to do anything more.

Fingers crossed on this!!!

Anyone know what is causing my boiler to shut off. I have to wait a while then press the overheat cut-out reset button. It appears to be overheating the water. Hot water is VERY hot.

Check the resistance of the NTC sensor first!

Tony

Gents, do any of you have any idea why my boiler cuts out occasionally? The problem only appears to arise when the hot water is run, usually for a reasonable length of time. The water can be very hot. The boiler cuts out and I have to wait 5 or 10 minutes before pressing the reset button then it runs OK again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back