Vaillant comby pressure top up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I believe its a Turbo Max.

Are the two valves in the picture the two to open to add pressure?

full

full

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks!

So if they are the valves to open, do I open the RHS or LHS first?

Also, can I add 0.5L of anti-corrosion to the CH through one of the radiator plugs?

Doesn’t matter which first, one doesn’t work without the other. Yes you can add inhibitor, but for a diy job might be best with a rapid dose style one, and do this before topping up the pressure.

Thanks!

I checked all bleed taps were shut then topped upto 1 bar so I can use the boiler for HW.

The valves screw heads also seem to be 5.5mm hex so could use a socket.

If I were to drain the CH in the future, would that be done at the boiler or a radiator?

That's just how to drain the boiler, not the system. If you want to drain the system you will need to find the lowest point on your system and drain it from there but you'll have to open up a bleed valve in the highest point in the system to let air in after you have opened the drain cock. You should have a drain off valve around the lowest point.

It might look something like these:

D5EC4491-07DF-4A29-998B-B655E1979189.jpeg 1D7D87C9-959B-4182-A1A0-59F7F5961106.jpeg

That's just how to drain the boiler, not the system. If you want to drain the system you will need to find the lowest point on your system and drain it from there but you'll have to open up a bleed valve in the highest point in the system to let air in after you have opened the drain cock. You should have a drain off valve around the lowest point.

It might look something like these:

View attachment 268416 View attachment 268417

What you say makes sense, draining the CH from the lowest point to get all the old water out.

Use a brass radiator key in future to operate the filling valves on the boiler. The slot is purely there to indicate the valve position. Most people use a screwdriver, then they get chewed up.

Use a brass radiator key in future to operate the filling valves on the boiler. The slot is purely there to indicate the valve position. Most people use a screwdriver, then they get chewed up.

Noted, thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back