Vaillant eco fit pure F83

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have just noticed a fault code on my boiler, it is a Vaillant eco fit pure. It isn’t a combi boiler as I have water tanks upstairs.

Would anyone be able to advise me on if I can fix this myself, and how to do this please? It is saying F83 on the screen

Thanks a lot

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your response. Sorry to sound so dull, will this fan be in the actual boiler unit?

The pump is not a fan ,it circulates water around the heating system / boiler.
I assume you have a hot water cylinder ,the pump will often be alongside it.
Post some pictures of around the cylinder

Sponsored Links
Sorry I meant the pump not the fan, my bad! I have found the pump, attached in picture

Attachments

• 9A712BC6-00BF-4A8C-B58C-78FB8435FE99.jpeg
    9A712BC6-00BF-4A8C-B58C-78FB8435FE99.jpeg
    336.7 KB · Views: 68
The black Hexagonal shape in the centre of the pump can be unscrewed ,anticlockwise, to bleed air from the pump and ensure it is full of water ,have a towel below to catch any trickle of water that comes out from around it.
if you turn on central heating ,does the boiler fire up for a while and then cut out showing the fault code ?

Do you get any heating or hot water? Check the cold water storage cistern in the loft (smaller of the 2) has got water in it.

Just feeling the pump to unscrew the bolt, it feels boiling hot, is this how it should feel?

Just feeling the pump to unscrew the bolt, it feels boiling hot, is this how it should feel?
That can depend on flow temperature, but shouldn’t be too hot. What are the pipes like after the pump?

The gold pipe above the pump is boiling hot, beneath it is cold
Sounds like pump failure, or the motorised valve isn’t opening to send the water,but I’d expect both sides of the pump to be hot for that.

Not answering our questions isn't helping us to understand what's amiss.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
The gold pipe above the pump is boiling hot, beneath it is cold
So water is not circulating through the pump. The pump is being heated by the electrical current passing through the motor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back