Vaillant eco plus 937 new from box and not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Vaillant eco plus 937 has just been installed but the plumber informs me
that the PCB board is not working and needs to be replaced, but it is a new boiler what do you mean the PCB board is faulty??? He has just left and I have no heating or hot water. I am going to contact vaillant tomorrow. Are vaillant selling other defective Eco plus 937 boilers???

I am going to request that vaillant replace the actual boiler but leave the
hot water cylinders as this unit has been already fitted to the wall. My daughter says that it looks like a fridge is hanging on the wall!!!!

I do not want the PCB board replaced as this boiler could be dangerous as it has not been tested. The boiler section needs to be replaced.

I am so fustrated at the moment. What are your thoughts???

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
The installer should obviously get vaillant out to sort it!Only had this happen to me once on a 400,they fitted new pcb next day.

Must of fitted in excess of 60/70 Vaillants , mostly 831/837 , never had an issue with them , don't know about the 937s but vaillant seems to have a good track record , only issues i've had were diverter valve playing up within 3 years of install , great boilers & no i don't work for them............

Sponsored Links
Any particular reason you posted the same question twice?

Was your installer registered at all, and if so, in his own right? If not, it is an illegal install and Vaillant would well be in their right to refuse to repair foc.

Very odd that the Mad Mod locked the post with 10 replies and left this with only four.

I even reported this one as a duplicate when it first appeared!

Here is the photo that Stamina asked for.

burelane5.jpg

Will Stamina believe it now?

Tony

Unfortunately this can happen. Vaillant will come out and replace the pcb and check the boiler is working safely. But it will still be the responsibilty of your installer to fully commision the boiler and fill out the benchmark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back