Vaillant eco tec 637 boiler settings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,i have a eco tec plus system boiler, a 637 i think , it is 12 yo ,still going strong. As fuel prices have gone up i want to try and use the boiler more efficiently . It has always been set to run hot water and the heating at 65degrees . I set the hot water to 65 using the dials under the front cover and the heating to 45 . Heating is off at the moment, but the boiler defaults to the heating temperature and sends 45degree water to the coil in the hot water cylinder. No fault symbols displayed . I suspect the installer set it up this way . but i want to be greener . what is the solution thanks

Sponsored Links
The dhw control dial on the ecotec 637 doesn't control the flow temp. as its not a combi
Pretty similar to the old turbomax & thermo compact , dhw dial on the compact used to have a little cover plate over it.

Pretty sure any vaillant bods could explain but possibly needs to be on vaillant controls set up to utilise mixed flow temps ....

Last edited:
Hi it's a 618 not a 637 , I am sure it makes little difference. I am interested in what you would have had to have installed at the time of installation when we just had wall stats and basic timers

Sponsored Links
Hi it's a 618 not a 637 , I am sure it makes little difference. I am interested in what you would have had to have installed at the time of installation when we just had wall stats and basic timers
618 - 18kw system boiler
637 - 37kw system boiler
Look at vaillant controls, multi zone set-ups/ebus .

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back