Vaillant Eco Tec Plus 637 & UNIstor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had another post where I was trying to understand how this system I inherited works.

I have one question please which I would appreciate if someone could assist with.

On the 637 there are 2 dials, one for water temp one for rad temp which is set according to seasons and generally how hot the rads needs to be.

The water temp is redundant in that I believe water is heated in the unistor at the set temp (60c). My question is that after the latest cold spat, I tunred the rad dial temp upto about 65c.

As a consequence the hot water was a lot hotter than normal - is this supoosed to happen??

When it gets warmer I will turn the rad dial down and see if the water gets colder.
I am concerned that the system has not been set up correctly. Should this happen?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you ever had it serviced and the operation explained to you?

Tony

Its a long story but basically the work is all new (i was involved), it is coming upto a year old in June, when I am assuming I will need to get it serviced by Vaillant so that the 2nd year of the service will be activated.

I will ask the engineer when he comes, but I am concerned as it did not seem right.....

Thanks

It may not be but it all depends on how its been connected and what if any controllers you have.

The first year vservice doen NOT have to be done specifically by a Vaillant engineer as long as its properly documented on the Benchmark Certificate.

I presume the Benchmark Certificate was completed by the installer?

Tony

Sponsored Links
thanks.

Yes it was done by the installer. Vaillant were sent the warranty papers.

Only other controllers I have is a room thermo, and as mentioned the two on the ect tec plus, and of course the temp gauge on the UNIstor.

:cry: cooncerned now..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back