Vaillant eco tec pro

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , slight problem?or not? Have the above combi less than a year old, after adding another rad I started the process of refilling the system, bled all rads a couple of time and topped up through filling loop whilst watching the pressure go up, I'm sure but can't be 100% it was around 3 bar or over when all of a sudden water started flooding out from under the right hand side of the boiler! I quickly turned off the filling loop and it stopped? This was yesterday and since all has been working ok, hot water and heating, my concern is that maybe there's something wrong? Is it some sort of pressure release?
Thanks in advance for anyone that could answer this.

Sponsored Links
1. Shouldn't be filled to more than about 1.2 to 1.5 bar cold.
2. Bleed water off through a radiator bleed valve until pressure drops to 1.2 bar.
3. Sounds as if the pipe from the pressure relief valve to outside hasn't been fitted, or hasn't been properly fitted. Get the installers back.
4. Once the pressure relief valve operates, they often don't re-seal properly. Once pipe work is correct keep a check for a few weeks that there is no dripping to outside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back