Vaillant EcoFit noisy after new radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

I had a Vaillant EcoFit Pure installed in October - its been working beautifuly since then.

Until now - I recently had two new radiators installed by a builder (who wasn't great - won't be using them again!). I don't believe the builder touched the boiler at all - including isolating / turning it off to do the work.

Ever since, the boiler has been noisy, making a thumping noise on startup - and kept going into error F.28. I've tried the P.00 air surge program on both the heating and hot water systems multiple times, and now it starts up without giving an error - but it's still noisy. I suspect there might still be air in the system from the sounds - any other ideas in how to get rid of it before I call an engineer? Could it be something else entirely?

Thank you in advance!

Sponsored Links
what is the boiler pressure ?
do some more air purges and bleed air from radiators.

Pressure is at 1.5 bar. I've bled some radiators (the new ones) but not all! Will try today - thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back