Vaillant EcoFit Pure 835 temperature panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Just moved into a house with a Vaillant EcoFit Pure 835 boiler that is 3-4 years old but the previous owner did not bother to register with Vaillant, so Vaillant says its not under warranty.

Apart from a leaky PRV that I noticed on the outside valve that is causing me regular pressure drop, I've noticed that despite setting the CH to 60 degrees on the boiler's control panel, the boiler heats to 75 degrees with the radiator LED blinking. The DHW is set to 50 degrees but I am pretty sure the output from boiler is much higher than that.

Can someone please clarify what is happening here and how can this be fixed?

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• CH_Temp_Setting_Control_Panel.jpg
    CH_Temp_Setting_Control_Panel.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 73
  • CH_Temp_Output.jpg
    CH_Temp_Output.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 71
  • CH_Temp_Output_2.jpg
    CH_Temp_Output_2.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 61
Sponsored Links
Hi, do you have any Vaillant controls connected which may be overriding the target temperature you are manually setting?

Hi, do you have any Vaillant controls connected which may be overriding the target temperature you are manually setting?
Hi Jack, I only have a wireless room thermostat which is called Vaillant VRT 350F. On this device, I have desired room temperatures set to 20 degrees when the heating is ON.
I am not aware if there is any other setting or if a room thermostat can have any implication on the boiler temperatures. Kindly advise.

Last edited:
The 450 can automatically alter the heating flow temperature setting depending on the outside temperature. Is there a connection to an exterior thermostat?

I don't have any experience of using or setting up one of these units so hopefully someone else here will be able to advise on your options.

Sponsored Links
The 450 can automatically alter the heating flow temperature setting depending on the outside temperature. Is there a connection to an exterior thermostat?

I don't have any experience of using or setting up one of these units so hopefully someone else here will be able to advise on your options.
Sorry, just corrected a typo in my previous message. Mine is a VRT 350F.
There is no other connection to an exterior thermostat.

If the room thermostat is responsible, is there a way to take its batteries out and start the CH on the boiler itself? This can establish if the boiler panel controls are working on their own.

Also, this does not explain why the DHW is so hot when my setting is so low!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back