vaillant ecomax 824 2e hot water running cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i have a vaillant ecomax 824 2e boiler, however its developed a fault.
When running any tap/shower etc, after 10-15 seconds the water drops in temperature, you can see it drop on the boiler display. On the status its showing up as status 53, which ive read is:
S.53 Appliance is within the waiting period of the operation
block function due to water shortage (VL-RL spread too
big)
I had a friend to have a look at it from BG he recommended i replace the secondary heat exchanger, which he carried out. However after this, the problem still exists? ive tried pressing the bleed valve on top of the pump, theres no air in there.

Has anyone got any ideas what it could be? my mate is calling back tommorow, also he replaced the NTC sensor?

It only happens with the DHW and not the Central heating, ive tried turning the flow down into the boiler and from the boiler but doesnt alter anything

much appreciate any advice :)

Sponsored Links
Did he remove the pump head and check the impellor for blockages and do the finger test?

hi agile, the silver screw cap was removed on pump and checked to see if that thing inside was turning and it was, could it be the main heat exchanger plate blocked?

Hi again all... My friend suggested that the boiler needs to be powerflushed because the main heat exchanger is blocked... However the heating warms up fine? Does that sound correct? Thx all

Sponsored Links
just thought if anyone has similar issue to this in future, i managed to fix it. It was none of the things that the plumber had changed / flushed. I replaced the black rubber hose held on with 2 jubilee clips and now is working fine :) the old hose was clogged up with black gunk

Thanks for posting back this is a common fault, if you search the threads u will see it many times

yep just glad to help if anyone else has same issue because i was even debating in having a new boiler lol. something simpler like that caused a very load noise from heat exchanger, and caused the s.53, hopefully the magnetic filter will help to prevent it re occuring. cheers m8:)

Hi again all...

My friend suggested that the boiler needs to be powerflushed because the main heat exchanger is blocked... However the heating warms up fine? Does that sound correct?

Thx all

Well he realised that something was blocked so that was correct. But it does not sound as if he was very experienced at boiler repairs if he did not check the hoses! You can often feel the dirt inside ( and send part of it into the canoe filter to block that! )

So much for British gas training!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back