Vaillant Ecomax 828E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I had an emergency early hours of the this morning around 4.00 am. Mrs spotted bathroom radiator leaking at inlet valve. So much so the leak flooded the kitchen floor. Must have started at around 3.30 am when heating comes on.

She woke me in sheer panic. I found the boiler I/O (on/off) switch didn't work to switch the boiler off. Switched boiler at DP switch. The boiler works. Is this item easily replaced and is it expensive.

Advice will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I expect you have an external timer or roomstat?

If so it (the timer/stat) has probably been connected so that the live feed is from the permanent mains rather than pin 3 on the circuit board.

Any external controls on ecoMAX should be powered from pin 3 and then switch 'on' pin 4.

If it is wired otherwise you will get the non working on/off switch you describe. It is very rare for a Vaillant PCB to fail.

I expect you have an external timer or roomstat?

If so it (the timer/stat) has probably been connected so that the live feed is from the permanent mains rather than pin 3 on the circuit board.

Any external controls on ecoMAX should be powered from pin 3 and then switch 'on' pin 4.

If it is wired otherwise you will get the non working on/off switch you describe. It is very rare for a Vaillant PCB to fail.

Hi "simond"

Your analysis is correct. I have both external timer and room stat. I found out purely by chance that if timer is switched off the on/off switch on the boiler doesn't function. All working again. what a relief.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back