Vaillant EcoMax 835/2 f25 and f32 faults

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Have bought a house and inherited a Vaillant EcoMax 835/2 boiler, about 10 years old. Seemed to be working at first.

However it started to give f25 faults and now alternates between f25 and f32. You can clear the fault and then it might work, but sometimes it takes 3/4 attempts.

When set to a timer in evening and overnight, there is always a fault after and it hasn't worked.

I had a heating engineer look at it and he said it was working fine. Could replace the fan for £300 which the f32 relates to, but said Vaillant fixed price is £249 and would cover the PCB also.

Said the f25 was low pressure (pressure seems down a bit but still ok - around 1.3 bar). Cost £55 for this.

Had a look under the cover can't see anything amiss... under panel flap has written new flexy hose a couple of years ago.. best course of action?

Thanks in advance,
chaoticj

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi hertsboilers,

When you say EV, that is the expansion vessel right?

The PRV that is the Pressure Reducing Valve?

What could cause it to give the code that the fan isn't working?

Many thanks,
chaoticj

Hi,

I have followed some info online for checking I assume what speed the boiler is trying to set the fan to - d33 versus actual speed - d34, the former is positive, latter is zero.. also there is a sort of hum coming from the controls..

Regards,
chaoticj

Hi,

Just to update the thread, I paid £249 for a fixed price repair from Vaillant, they replaced the fan and PCB, the boiler is now working correctly.

Regards,
chaoticj

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back