Vaillant Ecomax display panel question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. Have moved into rented accommodation & there is an Ecomax boiler in. The display panel is showing a 'C' on it towards the bottom of the display. Looking thru the manual I cant find any info aout it, and my wife is worried it could mean carbon monoxide is leaking out of it!
Can anyone tell me what it means? I have looked thru all the manuals/instructions i can find but cant find it?

Sponsored Links
it is the comfort mode aka warmstart (hw preheat) its harmless, leave the boiler alone. ;)

don,t worry its indicating the warm start facility is on,it heats an amount of water in the boiler, so when you open a tap you get almost instant hot water. turn the hot water temp switch on the front of the boiler all the way to the left, the "c" will dissappear = warm start off,to turn back on turn all the way to the right. :LOL:

Turn the HW stat dial on the boiler fully anti clockwise then back to the temp you want. This will turn off pre-heat,

It is not needed, just wastes expensive gas :eek:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back