ECOMAX 824 poor DHW flow rate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitting a bathroom at the moment, but was concerned at the poor hot water flow rate. I measured the flow rate and it is only 5l/min. After sifting through the Vaillant manual I tried to adjust the water section of the divertor valve but was allready in the full flow rate position.
I've searced this forum but cant find a similar problem, I'm thinking that the diaphram needs replacing?

Oh its the ecomax with the black control panel, not the ecomax plus or pro.

The boiler is 10years old and the owner said its been like it from installation.

Im a corgi registered installer

Any advice welcome, i would rather not change the whole divertor valve due to cost to the customer as they are a family friend!

Sponsored Links
Not got the model number on me at the mo, I've just disscovered this forum. I thought (wronge probably) that the ecotec with the black controlled panel was the VUW model. so it would be turbomax vux 242 eh, i guess. the diverter valve part no. is 011280.

There is a flat bladed adjustment screw in the bottom which is set from manufacture. In the manual it says to only adjust this if the customer wants hotter water at the loss of some flow.

Carter

Sponsored Links
10 or plus years old, tell them to replace the combi with a new one. Flogging a dead horse and all that. How many people hang onto a car giving **** performance at 10 years + old? Time for these people to realize that combi boilers work just as hard as cars, you get what you pay for! :LOL: :LOL:

Not yet, where are they situated?

My plan was too turn the mains water of and check the cold supply through.

Anothe colleuge of mine said that there could be a restricter on the inlet to the dhw plate h'exchanger.

Not a chance I would tell them to replace it, got plenty of life left in it yet. You can get a whole new D valve for £100, new boiler would cost them ten times as much and some!!!!.

I would like to fit them a new boiler as work is work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back