ECOMAX 824 poor DHW flow rate

Checked the filter on the water side of the diverter valve earlier. What I found was the remains of a filter! All the gauze has gone and the filter is completly useless!
I presume the pieces of filter have got drawn into the dhw h'exchanger.

further strip down required!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Ah nice, is the flow restricter on the cold inlet of the dhw heat exchanger then?
Id best get a new filter as well, if I can.

Seeing you had that exploded diagram of the DV, you wouldnt have the part no. for the item 9, the filter? Been trawling the web to find it but having no luck. Otherwise I'll pop into parts centre tommo!

Sponsored Links
I have been encountering several broken plastic filter elements in boilers recently in the London area..

This occurs in high water pressure areas when the water main renewal work causes dirt to flow onto the filter and partially block it.

The pressure of the mains water on the blockage will then force the filter to disintegrate and be driven into the boiler. In one case I was discussing today virtually stopping all DHW flow through the boiler.

Tony

Stripped the DHW HE out today to check for debree from the filter. However came across nothing! I took the flow restrictor out and gave it a good bowing through in both directions. The flow restrictor I would say was way too restrictive but I have nothing to compare it too. The DHW HE was blocked in no way.

Can I get a new pressure reducer, or can I renmove the pressure restrictor?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back