Vaillant Ecomax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Combi Vaillant Ecomax has water dripping of the bottom front bit, the gauge is over the green area a little. What do I do? It is not covered by service warranty.Can anyone helpplz.

Thanks

N.

Sponsored Links
You should reduce the pressure to the beginning of the green part using a rad bleed key asap.

Then you need a gas registered engineer to see whats leaking as a matter of urgency as it could be a part about to burst and cause further damage.

Tony

If the needle is only just over the green area, then it will not be leaking due to being over pressurised.

You need to find the source of the leak and get it fixed. Period.

Sponsored Links
If you turn it off for a extended period of time does it stop leaking? When was it last serviced? My guess is that the rubber seal on the condense sump has gone causing a leak of condense water. If thats the case it could be a serious safety issue which would require urgent attention by a RGI.

It seems to stop leaking if I turn it off for a long time,thanks for your valuable advice. :)

Most of the ones of that age I go to which are leaking are from the pump which has worn as a result of dirty water.

But whatever it is it needs to be checked as leaking water has the capability to do a lot of damage.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back