Vaillant EcoTec constant high pitched drone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I know I've this topic seems to have been done to death but I was hoping one of you plumbing gurus could identify this problem.

The boiler was only installed 2 years ago but has only really been in operation about a year as I wasn't living in my house the first year.

Stupidly there was that much going on I didn't get the boiler an annual service and that's the vaillant warranty down the swanny.

So the noise only seems to happen when the boiler seems to be in full swing when the central heating is on.

I've got a maganclean on the system also.

Pressure is at 1.3 on a cold system and rises to 2.3 when the heating is on.

I made a video of the noise and halfway through I turn the hot tap on and the noise changes then goes away.

Hope that's enough info. Apologies about the dark video also.

Sponsored Links
Tell your Mrs to turn the hair dryer off when you're trying to film the boiler

Probably the fan, turning on the tap just shuts down the burner, it will start up again pretty quickly but maybe on a lower setting. Try turning the hot water to a high temperature and opening the tap further

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back