Vaillant ecotec flue dripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had an a new vaillant ecotec fitted about 9 months ago since it was fitted i get a puddle of water on my patio pretty much daily which is dripping out from the flue, anybody know why this is? I have a black telescopic flue which comes out from the wall then bends up to come away from the guttering, next door have a standard White flue that comes out from the wall an does not drip at all, thanks

Sponsored Links
From your description, it sounds like you have a plume management kit fitted to your flue, from what your saying it suggests that some of the condensation that forms in the flue system is dripping onto your patio.
It really should be contained within the flue system and be managed by condense discharge pipe which exits under your boiler.
without all the heights and measures it is difficult to tell exactly where the problem lies, but if the boiler was only fitted nine months ago, I would get the installer back to rectify the problem.

We all wonder why you are not asking your installer!

But if you can take two photos and post them here we can see if it seems to be correctly fitted.

Tony

Hi, they will be coming back just wanted some info before they did arrive. I've been told it's likely the angle of the flue is incorrect causing water to run out rather than back to the flue?

Sponsored Links
You ask us but we dont know because we have not been there and you have not posted the picture which would show us!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back