Water dripping from flue

C

Classic40

Hi,

Is it normal for water to drip out of a flue? I have noticed a small wet patch below the flue and seen it drip out.

Seems to happen within a few minutes of coming on. I have checked the PRV and this seems to be fine (It was replaced a few months ago).

Boiler is an Ideal Classic FF340 + Sealed System Kit.

It appears to be holding it pressure. I really hope it's not the heat exchange leaking...

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yours is a non condensing standard efficiency boiler and it's not uncommon for a cold flue to condense for a short while on start up. It should stop after the flue warms up.
I assume you notice the drip from the external flue terminal? Unlikely to be the heat exchanger. Those boilers are good.

Yea it's a non condensing D rated. Everything is working fine but the casing does rattle when it fires up.

I noticed I was still getting a small wet patch after replacing the PRV which made me think the worse! I watched it to be sure and it dripped from the flue on the outside wall. Glad to hear that it's not uncommon to condense when first powered up. It makes more sense now as the flue is metal!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back