Flue pipe for Vaillant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

Last week we have just fitted a Vaillant Ecotec 837 combi and we fitted a flue pipe from boiler to outside, but when it working, the steam coming out of flue starting to build up around the yard which I think the brick shed blocking out any wind, have confirmed to M.I about min of length from flue to shed, window and door etc. Is there a sort of flue kit that will move to 1 metre up, I have see one on BOSCH. Have any one did this?

Danny.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the reply.

It just I just used to fit straight through flue through wall on older boilers ( solo, prima, profile, concord, Dura, kingfisher etc ) and not used to new boilers with funny new bits and bob.

Do this plume kit a universal fitting for all type of boilers?

Sponsored Links
Not aware of PM kits.....sounds like an illegal installation to me, certainly isn't being done by a rgi. :rolleyes:

I have just found a plume kit for vaillant by google web. It do fit vaillant ecotec combi and it colour in black, 2 bends, clips, pipe and a vent.

I'll research more information on it, Thanks Fitz1.

Danny.

Gasgura: Thank for the reply, you were not aware of a PM kit? How you mean this?

sounds like an illegal installation to me, certainly isn't being done by a rgi.

I menat you are not aware of Plume Management kits. They have been out for years. Anyone who isn't aware of them is obviously not registered ie I suspect the boiler you are installing is an illegal installation. Is that clear ;)

Gasgura: Ah I see what you saying.
I have just finished the heating job and got a corgi man to do the gas work. I'm a plumber and a pipelayer working for a Housing Trust for 12 years, I used to do gas work and heating work and gave up on that years ago as I'm too busy and we have a corgi man working for us doing gas landlord check and as we know each other, he trust me on my experience. He said something about a flue kit and that what set me off.

I have just finished the heating job and got a corgi man to do the gas work. I'm a plumber and a pipelayer working for a Housing Trust for 12 years, I used to do gas work and heating work and gave up on that years ago as I'm too busy and we have a corgi man working for us doing gas landlord check and as we know each other, he trust me on my experience. He said something about a flue kit and that what set me off.

So it is an illegal installation. The registered installer should be hanging the boiler, installing the flue, running the gas line and commissioning the boiler...not just turning up at the end and signing off your work. I bet the housing trust don't know about this little scam. :rolleyes:

So it is an illegal installation. The registered installer should be hanging the boiler, installing the flue, running the gas line and commissioning the boiler.

That what he did. Can't you read it above " we have fitted a vaillant...."

The only thing I did was to fit radiators, pipework, get the pipes ready for installtion of boiler which he did with my help lifting up boiler, you don't expect him to lift it himself :!: And for your information it for my house.

And read this " ....we have a corgi man working for us " is a gas contractor, not part of Housing trust.

I just don't like the way the steam coming out of flue pipe.

Danny

Stardanny, you must be aware that in the UK there is a law that requires anyone working on gas to be registered with CORGI?

Even if he is CORGI registered in his employment then he is still not registered to work on the side on your house.

Tony

Stardanny, you must be aware that in the UK there is a law that requires anyone working on gas to be registered with CORGI?

Even if he is CORGI registered in his employment then he is still not registered to work on the side on your house.

Tony

Sorry but I don't get it ".....Even if he is CORGI registered in his employment then he is still not registered to work on the side on your house....." He does not work with us. We contract gas test check out to him.

Tony

Sorry but I don't get it ".....Even if he is CORGI registered in his employment then he is still not registered to work on the side on your house....." He does not work with us. We contract gas test check out to him.

Only telling you this for your own safety but the plume management kits add to the length of the flue.

They shorten the effective flue length.

On the a WB 37 CDi a PM kit brings the max horizontal flue length right down to about 600 MM or less.

Hello all.

Thank for your advice.

I have decide to get another corgi to check out my installtion, better safe than sorry. £155 I got to pay for it. Perhap there is more corgi stuff that I thought :oops: . Starting to thinking about getting my employer to pay for gas course and get updating again. Oh well.

Will let you know what he say.

Danny.

Hello again.

Corgi man came around, checked boiler, tested, gas pressure tested, while he here, I asked him to check out my pipework, radiators etc, he said it ok.
A few thing need doing, earthing clamps to be fitted to pipes under boiler, gas label tape for gas pipe, reroute con pipe to sink waste.

I shall stick to my plumbing work. Leave gas to corgi.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back