Vaillant EcoTec Ignition Problem

I am not very impressed that after trying to help him he calls me a "conman" !

Apart from being a libelous statement that does not encourage me to try to help these people when thats their attitude.

Its very difficult fixing boilers when we cannot see them or do simple tests and when all we have are a few uninformed comments from users not engineers.

I dont like to be called a "plumber" either!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Disheartening, isn't it - BTDIGTTS

aren't you technically a fitter or a technician ?

you don't engineer anything, you're not allowed to

Just a note about all the plumbers on here that say a boiler is too complicated to fix on your own.....

I asked a simple question and in 3 weeks or so not a single plumber on here could give me any clear or useful answer.

So, you ask, how did I fix the boiler?

Its bloody simple, I opened up the boiler and hoovered the inside, dust-free it works perfectly.

aparantly it happens to quite a few vaillant gas boilers, so you should hoover it once a year or so - that way you save and dont need to pay for a useless plumber to come and rip you off.

BTW - I called Vaillant and asked about this problem, they said that Hoovering out the boiler is not included in the Gntee, so if you call them you also have to pay.

I will say that they are very polite and helpful though.

Also if you go to their website and download the technical (non-customer) guides you can see how it works and problem solve whats going on.

I am no 'heating engineer' but I am not stupid either, so anyone with a brain can isolate a problem and (sometimes) deal with it without calling a rip-off plumber.

There were some people on here that did give useful ideas, so to them thanks.

Sponsored Links
OK, sorry to Tony too, I was being harsh and you did help a bit.

pipastro said:
Its b****y simple, I opened up the boiler and hoovered the inside, dust-free it works perfectly.
Pipastro, it's really not that simple, and you are being irresponsible in suggesting that non gas engineers should do that. In most cases it may not do any particular harm, but nor is it likely to do any good. In some cases it could result in the boiler becoming dangerous.

Only people who are competent (i.e. who understand the workings of the boiler and all it's controls and safety devices, as well as the dangers of CO poisoning) should open the combustion chamber of boilers. Just generally vacuuming is unlikely to achieve much. Cleaning needs to be directed at those elements whose function may be compromised by the accumulation of dust and deposits.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back