Vaillant EcoTEC Plus 428 boiler issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a valiant EcoTEC Plus 428 boiler with a wireless VRT360f/VR65 timer setup fitted to a 4 bed 1930's semi, double glazed and lots of loft insulation. there is also a solar system via a pump station into the DHW twin coil tank.

The whole set up from day one has been a disater... I have had a few different plumbers come along and take a look. the first (so called) plumber I threw out of the house as he made more of a hash of the job every day he was with me.

recently I had another local plumber recommend a second power flush and a bigger pump to get the circulation issues under control. so for moths everything has been okay, yes the layout design is a mess, but it did work reliably.

so from nowhere yesterday it stopped working and we had no heating/hotwater. pressure in the system is fine, but nothing. so I 'reboot' all the systems and away we go.. this morning we have hot water and the heating is dead??? My wife is cycling the systems again and no doubt it will spring back into life... any thoughts out there?? any advice would be appreciated. I am going to call valiant out as soon as I get home so will be interested in the response I get as they don't seem to have a good name on this forum.

Cheers,

mark

Sponsored Links
What code is coming up on the display when it cuts out ?

Sponsored Links
let me check when I get home later. Thanks for your help so far.

Mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back