Vaillant Ecotec Plus 824 Clicking Noise Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new to this forum as a poster but been "lurking" here for a while.

Quick Question

I had my central heating system updated a week and a half ago with a new Vaillant ecotec plus 824 combi boiler and a magnaclean installed. the system was powerflushed with sentinel cleanser during the installation. All the rads have trvs on except for one in same room as wireless thermostat/programmer and a towel rail in bathroom. the system was treated with corrosion inhibitor on completion of the installation.

The boilers performance is a huge improvement on my old combi however it has over the last few days developed what could be described as a loud 'clicking' noise when operating in central heating mode. it continues when the boiler is not operating for a while until i assume it has cooled down. So far this has not affected its performance in any discernable way. for any guys who install these boilers is this normal?!

Any ideas or suggestions will be appriciated!

thanks

twisty

Sponsored Links
Rereading - sounds like just expansion/contraction noise. See if you can isolate it with a "mechanical stethoscope" like a big screwdriver, with your ear on the handle end

Sponsored Links
Possibly the pump? Has a default 5 min over run on ch. Is this how long the clicking lasts?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back