Vaillant Ecotec Plus 824 operating cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. My first post on the forum. It looks to be a very usefull resource.

I've had my Vaillant for about a year now. I've been concerned about the central heating cycling. I've been observing it this evening, and whenever it comes out of S7 (heating pump overrun), with the radiator symbol flashing (anti cyling mode) while it's displaying S7 for me, it runs the CH pump for a few seconds, then goes into S97 (water pressure sensor check is running). In this state the CH and DHW demands are blocked, so the whole system seems to stop. This lasts for about 10 secs, then it resumes the start up sequence to heat up the radiator water again.

Does it have to check this sensor each time round the loop? It sounds like hard work for the boiler. I'm wondering if this is normal operation. If not then it's under warranty so I'll get it looked at.

Thanks in advance.

Sean.

Sponsored Links
I've never noticed one doing this as yet.

What is your system pressure?

Hi. My system pressure last night while the system was running, was 1.9 bar which I read from the digital display not the analogue guage. Interesting that you've not seen one doing this before. It does seem rather strange that it would check the sensor each time round the loop - it stops everything else dead while it's testing. Otherwise it seems to be working fine.

Sean.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back