Vaillant Ecotec plus 630 error S7

I'm not a plumber, so trusted them to spec what i needed for the house.

I'm not sure how exactly the UFH is connected. Theres a separate manifold.

I'll post a photo if it will help?

post photo of pipework from boiler to where it tees for the ufh and radiators

Sponsored Links
Were you plumbers recommended? Local paper? Yellow pages? Gas Safe qualified?

erm, please dont join in here.

i simply cant deal with the post volume of threads you inhabit.

Sponsored Links
Ok, yes. i need a heating engineer.

This is my problem - none of my friends or family can recommend any to me.
Not sure if i'm allowed to ask on this forum? Can anyone here recommend anyone in the Harrow area?

actuators missing from ufh circuit?

try shutting off the UFH and see what happens to your radiators.

I've switched off the UFH, will let you know what happens.
Photo of UFH pipes coming

i cant see that temperature gauge too well but it looks cranked right up.

i suspect most of your flow is going round the underfloor heating, try adjusting the blending valve until the temperature hits 38 degrees.

check your magnaclean is not overflowing with ****e

Ok, my rads are piping hot and even my plinth fan heater in the kitchen has come on now the UFH is off, though I was advised never to turn the UFH off?

I'll leave if off tonight to get the house toasty and turn it back on in the morning and try what you've suggested.

Update - just gone back downstairs to check the reading and rads still hot, boiler is in S8 status (rad sign flashing) - is this ok?

The dial below the blue thing is showing 35.
the white knob above left is almost max - nearly 60

Ok, so which is the blending valve and how do i adjust it?

the blending valve is the one with the white control knob, hopefully the numbers relate to temperature and u can adjust it that way, it may be locked with an allen key screw on the side of it which you will have to slacken prior to adjusting the control.

you should get the two missing actuator heads for the manifold and the appropriate room thermostats to control them. your ufh heating should run at a nice low temperature. not 60+ degrees.

Ok, i'll adjust it, but sorry, I didn't mention before, there is also a separate control thermostat in the extension that controls the UFH temp and i know it works as i can hear it clicking on and off when it hits the set temp.

Looks like it needs a lockshield valve to balance (reduce) the flow to the U/F circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back