Vaillant ecotec plus 831 Cable harness and death trap house.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I could do with some help identifying sourcing a part. I had a n f.76 fault recently after our builder turned the boiler off. I found the relevant details here:
http://www.vaillant.co.uk/stepone2/...plus_open_vent_installation_and_servicing.pdf

I decided to run the purge cycle on restart, but wanted to check the air outlet valve so decided to remove the boiler cover. What I found was the remains of a small fire..EEK! It had happened a long time ago, and from what I can gather the wire from the fuse at the top of the unit had melted to the burner unit, melting away all the sheath. This has obviously caught fire and transferred to the plastic air intake for the cooling system. Basically I consider myself very lucky. The bare wires of the fuse cable had obviously been doing fine for a long time and coincidentally failed during a restart i.e. snapped casing the fault.

I have managed to source a new air intake, but am having trouble identifying and sourcing the cabling I require. Before anyone shrieks, I'm going to get a CORGI guy to replace the wiring.

So far I have identified the following parts which to me, all seem to be part of the same wiring loom/harness, but are listed differently:

Pos. Art.-No Part Type, note
07 193586 Harness VUW 316/3-5 R1, appliance
07 193587 Harness VUW 316/3-5 R1, hydraulik
15 0020052332 Cable tree (harness)

The later seems the most appropriate, but the connector plugs were melted into the next wiring section, so I'm not sure whether I need to replace all of the wiring.

Also, anyone any experience with ecotecs? WTF were they doing routing the fuse wire over the burner unit. Isn't that just asking for trouble? Or might this be missing a wiring bracket or routed incorrectly?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nath

p.s. I've had it with wiring this week, builder found two live sockets in the bathroom, one under the bath....which was very wet...sigh

Sponsored Links
Hi mate u must get a reg engineer to look at this as it's likely it's the burner seal that's failed causing the plastic intake to melt an go f76 this was a very common fault caused by boilers that didn't have there seal changed on regular servicing.. I have seen many do this the seal fails the burner melts the plastic trumpet an the wire goin up to thermal fuse.. The burner door may have warped if it got very hot before it shut off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back