Vaillant ecoTEC Plus appears dead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A neighbour has a Vaillant ecoTEC plus combi.
It appears completely dead, i.e. the LCD display shows nothing at all.
I believe power is present at its FCU as the neon is on.

I’m not familiar with this boiler. Does it normally show something on the display if power is present but the boiler is not running?

An engineer attended last week because there was a drip from the bottom of the case; a split condensate hose was replaced. It has worked OK for a few days until now. (I wonder if drips of condensate have got into the electrics, and have taken a while to kill it?)

No doubt they will get someone out again but if anyone has any ideas about obvious things to check now, that could be useful.

Sponsored Links
Check the voltages present at the boilers supply terminals Line to neutral. If 230/240 volts ,the supply is ok and issue is within the boiler ,probably the PCB.

Does it still work? I’ve had it once where the heating and hot water work, just front display needed replacing.

Sponsored Links
Check the voltages present at the boilers supply terminals Line to neutral. If 230/240 volts ,the supply is ok and issue is within the boiler ,probably the PCB.

Yes, I’ll do that if I go back.

Does it still work? I’ve had it once where the heating and hot water work, just front display needed replacing.

Ha! No, definitely not working.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back