Vaillant EcoTEC plus / EcoFIT Pure question. What's the difference?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any experience of Vaillant heat-only boilers? The Vaillant EcoTEC plus 415 is more expensive than the EcoFIT Pure 415. They are both 15Kw heat-only boilers. Is it because the EcoFIT Pure is a budget version? Can anyone tell me what the difference is and is it worth paying more for the plus model? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The Plus uses a stainless steel heat exchanger and is reasonable quality, the Pure is essentially a rebodged Glow-worm Energy with a cast aluminium heat exchanger and lots of plastic bits. Buy an Intergas, it's better than both

According to the spec, the plus does have an aluminium heat exchanger

Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 415 Regular Natural Gas Boiler ErP 0010021221
15kW ErP Condensing Regular Boiler Natural Gas

Extremely reliable and displaying all the in-built quality you’ve come to expect from Vaillant, the ecoTEC plus is clearly one of the best open vent solutions available today. Where homes utilise a traditional open-vented system to provide their heating and hot water, the ecoTEC plus open vent boiler is the ideal way to deliver exceptional, energy efficient performance.

• Highly efficient and economical to run with up to an 89.2% efficiency rating (SAP 2009) ErP rated A
  • Compact and light weight (375 x 600 x 320 on most models) ideal kitchen friendly design
  • Push button programming makes usage straightforward and easy to use
  • Built-in two-stage frost protection to ensure optimal performance all year round
  • Push fit flue system for greater installation flexibility
  • Total system solution available from one manufacturer intelligent controls, cylinders and accessories
  • Wide modulation range of up to 1:6 ensuring low energy consumption and maximum efficiency
  • Quiet Mark accredited thanks to being ultra quiet whilst in operation
  • Aluminium heat exchanger
  • Not compatible with LPG
  • Rear flue option - Provides flexibility enabling installation of the boiler in virtually any situation
  • Large backlit plain text display - Delivers clear visibility in poor light conditions and easy reading of current boiler operation and status
  • Removable side panels - For increased accessibility during installation, routine maintenance and repair work
  • Impressive 5 year guarantee which is extended to 7 years when installed by a Vaillant Advance Installer - for total peace of mind.

Sponsored Links
Or a Worcester 15Ri....good backup, easy parts, been around for 15 years and well proven.

BG said they did a few different boilers but because I already have a rear flue boiler, they said to replace it with the same otherwise it will cost more for drilling another hole and bricking up the existing hole. They said the only rear flue boiler they did was the Vaillant.

Fitted loads of energy boiler with no issues, it’s not the boiler it’s how it’s fitted and how good the system has been cleaned

Paul

Well, it was powerflushed about 15 months ago when the system was converted to a sealed one with an unvented hot water cylinder and regardless of who fits the new boiler or even what make the boiler is, I plan to fit a filter to the system this weekend so that any remaining stuff will be out of the system before a new boiler is fitted. Does that sound like a good idea? Also, I was looking at the Fernox TF1 filter. Are they any good or are there any better ones?

Feck me, how about answering the question Dan? This is a DIY forum and people do come on here asking the more experienced amongst you for help and advice. Sarcasm's not going to help anyone, is it?

So what’s wrong with a TF1 filter and why? What’s better and why?

Every single TF1 I've ever come across has been leaking, and anyone who is brave enough to actually try and clean one out soon regrets it.

Buy a Magnaclean - stronger magnet for better dirt collection, better design makes them easier to clean, and generally much more reliable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back