Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24, ho central heating and s.30 code

Pro 24 with 140 fascia programmer ?
Your pic shows external controls still wired into boiler 3 & 4..
What external control do you have ???

Sponsored Links
Pro 24 with 140 fascia programmer ?
Your pic shows external controls still wired into boiler 3 & 4..
What external control do you have ???

Hi yes a pro 24 with the timeswitch 140 fascia, I had a solus wireless thermostat installed which worked intermittently so I disconnected it and just pushed the timeswitch 140 into the boiler and it used to work fine.

Should terminals 3 and 4 not have the wiring going to them if the timeswitch is used? I was told the timeswitch could just be plugged in regardless of wires going to 3 and 4 or not?

Thanks

If you don't have external controls then you should have a link between 3 & 4 .. You sure the old stat was wireless ???

Yep definitely wireless, it was crap never worked right and from reading up Salus are known to be not that great, so it's strange how the Timeswitch worked without the link but it definitely used to, I'll plug it back in now the link is there and will see if it works :)

Sponsored Links
So where does the external wiring run to (3&4) ??? Coz that's for external controls :!:

You cannot make any deductions about wiring unless you can see BOTH ends ( and nothing is damaged in between! ).

Heating engineers often visit these boilers.

I can fix any boiler unless parts are not available.

Tony

The external wiring goes to a control box for the salus wireless thermostat which I turned off, the salus was definitely faulty it came on when it felt like it and just caused problems so I bought the Timeswitch.

I'll plug the Timeswitch back in with the link left in place :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back