Vaillant EcoTec Pro 28: F.22 warning (low pressure), but no filling loop

Take everything out of the cupboard below the boiler and take a pic of what is in side the cut out , you dont have to remove the shelf

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Take everything out of the cupboard below the boiler and take a pic of what is in side the cut out , you dont have to remove the shelf

gzuLJJ3.jpg

Xg1n4jj.jpg

yvywKcR.jpg

I’d be looking behind the washing machine

Thanks, will try that now..

Sponsored Links
Clutching at straws here ,but do you have a hot water cylinder connected to your combi boiler by any chance ?

Clutching at straws here ,but do you have a hot water cylinder connected to your combi boiler by any chance ?

I did look for one in the airing cupboard by the shower, but that is empty save for a switch for an immersion heater which doesn't work :/ Can't see any piping leading out from the bathroom, either.

Show us a picture ,pointing upwards to show where the pipes enter the boiler
Sorry ,forget that ,you already showed one !!

Last edited:
has the boiler always been in the same position in the house ? did you have a previous boiler installed somewhere else ?

Show us a picture ,pointing upwards to show where the pipes enter the boiler

Top:

F6lunAk.jpg

Middle (this is the top shelf of the cupboard below):

1eOBLp0.jpg

Bottom (bottom shelf of cupboard below):

fAD5TLS.jpg

Left of bottom:

tN1Vdi7.jpg

has the boiler always been in the same position in the house ? did you have a previous boiler installed somewhere else ?

I only moved in a year ago, but I will speak with a neighbour who said her boiler was installed around the same time as mine by the same people.

Ask her where her filling loop is

Popped over to hers, it's a Vaillant boiler as well... but she has the filling loop right underneath :(

PIH7jAc.jpg

Would I be able to borrow her filling loop and valves and use them on my boiler if all else fails?

This photo looks promising, try looking again here.

I had a rummage around with my hand as I couldn't see that well; just felt three pipes, no valves or loop.

Also called the plumbers who installed it. They said the filling loop must be somewhere, but that they wouldn't be able to visit until next year.

Would I be able to borrow her filling loop and valves and use them on my boiler if all else fails?
No, as hers is built in, Yours isn’t.

It’s got to be somewhere, as your plumbers have suggested. Keep looking in cupboard’s, also near the worktop height, I’ve missed a couple at that level before now. Double check that airing/cylinder cupboard. Is there any ducting/boxing in in the kitchen that has pipes in?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back