Vaillant ecotec pro 28 F90 fault code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to figure out this fault, keeps flashing F90 on the screen, boiler has been trouble free for last 3 years, any idea guys what this fault code points to?

thanks

Sponsored Links
has your boiler been worked on recently ? have you had a leak on boiler before this f90 appears ? its a very rare fault

no leaks and no issues, been working flawlessly for last 3 years, what does f90 point to?

,forum rules . sorry but you deffo need a gas engineer but anyway your boiler is a room sealed appliance so you can't take the cover off .

Sponsored Links
cover is off all looks clean inside, I have a feeling that the setting on the 4 button control panel have been changed, my wife was messing around pressing buttons the + and minus and i prior to this fault coming up. Is it possible she could have changed the d value that I am reading it could be the device specific number dsn?

I read somewhere for this boiler should be dsn 0, but there is another value from 9 to 24 that I dont know what it could be ( this is when you press + and i at the same time).

:rolleyes: well done:rolleyes: you see a little information can be dangerous as you can see from reading that manual it says only to be opened by a" competent person "

edit STOP FIDDLING you know nothing about or do you:LOL:

cover is off all looks clean inside,

You have already been told that a DIYer should not be removing the front cover which forms part of the room sealed design of the boiler.

Please do the proper thing and call a professional.

You are not going to get DIY advice now from this site.

Tony

Guys I am not touching anything inside, I am purely going on by the fault code and hoping this is just a setting issue as I believe they were changed.

F.90 – Communication with Shift Load Storage Tank Module Interrupted

This is what I found, seems to me that a shift load storage is some kind of other vaillant boiler, ie 937 with storage tank behind, or at least thats what I can find the manuals referring to.

My guess is that the DSN is changed from the access panel, I try to select d as 0 as to what it should be for this boiler (again according to manual) but f90 remains.

I press + and i together and get d. 0, press i again to confirm, then next screeen I get 2 parallel lines, what should this value be?

messing around with d codes can alter the function of your boiler and cause more problems , it doesn't matter if your not touching anything within the boiler , you are not competent to remove the case ,

don't know what you mean?

if your only worried about the software on front why are you opening the boiler up , as you said earlier it was due to your wife playing with buttons . have you tried changing something ?

I want to try and check make sure I have correct settings in the panel before I call out, cant afford to spend £300 on something that can be fixed via settings.

Perhaps it would be safer if you were to call a professional to check the boiler is properly sealed and burning gas safely.

Why was your wife fiddling with the boiler?

If it had been in use for three years then it seems strange she would all of a sudden want to sabotage the boiler.

Did you have an argument with her?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back