Vaillant Ecotec pro 28 leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I'm after some advice before I call a plumber out.

Yesterday my boiler lost all pressure and drained out all the water over my floor, it did it again another 2 times when I tried filling it almost immediately, draining the thing in roughly 5 mins.

Here's a video I took of the boiler draining, it was towards the end of the drain but to begin with water was coming out much faster than the video shows.

Any ideas on what could be causing this, and how much this is gonna fetch me in paying for repairs? Is it potentially something I can sort out myself even? All advice very much appreciated, thanks!

Sponsored Links
Really, that's all there is to it? Sounds simple enough. I'm a fairly proficient person in most things, but I have absolutely no knowledge of boilers, well, not until now!

I'll look into this now then, any recommendations on what drain cock to buy? Will I have to measure the diameter of the pipe first?

Thanks a lot mate, if it is really a straight forward fix that's a huge weight off my mind. Cheers!

I've just come back from taking a look at it and it's all working nicely again, I only had to tighten the little valve type thing on the very end of the drain cock and it's now running on all cylinders once more thanks to you!

Lucky I came here first, you've saved me from a right headache.

Is it possible to over tighten the thing on the end of the drain cock or can I now leave it as is?

Sponsored Links
It's a standard drain cock. (type a)

You can over-tighten them, they only need to be as tight as they need to be.

The type A are the better ones, but they're still a bit pants. I tend to use a lever valve.

Great, I'll just go make sure it's only as tight as it needs to be then. I might look into changing it to a lever valve in the future but it seems to be doing the job now so I'm in no rush.

Nice one man, thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back