1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

vaillant ecotec pro 28 not going below 45c no comfort/hot water/heating on

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Cartmann, 17 Jul 2021.

1. Cartmann

Cartmann

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all, got a vaillant ecotec pro 28 and ever since i stupidly pressed the combination on the bottom 2 buttons for the chimney sweep mode, the thing hasn't cooled down lower than 45 degrees C.

despite this it still takes time for the hot water to get hot, and the radiators aren't warm either. Nor can I hear the thing firing up.

So I'm not sure if it's a display bug, or if it's just on a very low constant burn. It is hot in the airing cupboard, but it's a heatwave right now so I can't say it's noticeably hotter than elsewhere in the house.

I've tried pressing the combination again, turning the boiler off and on again, checked that comfort mode isn't on, but otherwise don't want to risk doing any further damage.

Could someone advise please?

2. CBW

CBW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Turn the boiler off, wait for it to cool, then run the hot tap and feel the biggest left hand pipe, if it heats up that’s your problem.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. Cartmann

Cartmann

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks, will give that a go. I've just checked before turning it off and it's at 38C - haven't seen it below 45 in a week so perhaps I'm worrying for nothing.

I'll try that nonetheless, thank you

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cartmann

Cartmann

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    So I checked that, and there's no heat in the water/pipes at all when the boiler's off.

I turned it back on, it said 32C, then fired up for something like half a second and quickly went to 42C then stopped.

Been checking again throughout the day and it's going as low as 32/33C when no hot water is used for an hour or so.

So I reckon I was just happening to look whilst it was cooling down and making myself worry, and on top of that the sun is obviously beating down on the house and warming everything up anyway.

Thanks for your help, think all is OK!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Sponsored Links