vaillant ecotec pro 28 not going below 45c no comfort/hot water/heating on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, got a vaillant ecotec pro 28 and ever since i stupidly pressed the combination on the bottom 2 buttons for the chimney sweep mode, the thing hasn't cooled down lower than 45 degrees C.

despite this it still takes time for the hot water to get hot, and the radiators aren't warm either. Nor can I hear the thing firing up.

So I'm not sure if it's a display bug, or if it's just on a very low constant burn. It is hot in the airing cupboard, but it's a heatwave right now so I can't say it's noticeably hotter than elsewhere in the house.

I've tried pressing the combination again, turning the boiler off and on again, checked that comfort mode isn't on, but otherwise don't want to risk doing any further damage.

Could someone advise please?

Sponsored Links
Turn the boiler off, wait for it to cool, then run the hot tap and feel the biggest left hand pipe, if it heats up that’s your problem.

Thanks, will give that a go. I've just checked before turning it off and it's at 38C - haven't seen it below 45 in a week so perhaps I'm worrying for nothing.

I'll try that nonetheless, thank you

Sponsored Links
Turn the boiler off, wait for it to cool, then run the hot tap and feel the biggest left hand pipe, if it heats up that’s your problem.

So I checked that, and there's no heat in the water/pipes at all when the boiler's off.

I turned it back on, it said 32C, then fired up for something like half a second and quickly went to 42C then stopped.

Been checking again throughout the day and it's going as low as 32/33C when no hot water is used for an hour or so.

So I reckon I was just happening to look whilst it was cooling down and making myself worry, and on top of that the sun is obviously beating down on the house and warming everything up anyway.

Thanks for your help, think all is OK!

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back