Vaillant Flue Fall - 2nd Post - Remedial Pics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

Following on from my previous post below earlier in the week:

//www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/vaillant-flue-fall-with-pic.387040/

The contracts manager of the fitting company attended after a strong phone call from me armed with info from you chaps and saw the state it was left in the following day, the result is that he was livid with the quality of work and could not apologize enough.

Result is:

They are not going to charge me for the boiler or the install they sent another old school gas engineer out on Thursday and he fitted another full telescopic flue and and plume management kit (pictured).
The gas engineer cemented in the inner flue and they sent a builder around in the afternoon to fill in the outer hole as it needed a brick placed in the wall so that it looks better.

They have also sent my wife a bunch of flowers, box of chocolates and a card.
They have said they will also service the boiler for free in 1 yrs time.

All in all i'm a lot more happy now and they went to the end of the earth to correct the mistake.
The old school fitter also mentioned that the other installer has been hauled into the office and put over the coals.

View media item 70638 View media item 70637

Sponsored Links
Looks much better now, we'll see if any of the RGI's pick any faults with it. Hope your new boiler works well.

Mogget.

Clearances to openings look a little borderline ;).

Got to hear the company reacted that way. Everyone company can make mistakes - it is how they are dealt with that's important.

Think giving you a totally FOC installation was a bit too much to be honest. We would have probably knocked a significant percentage off.

Sponsored Links
I would be interested to know how you'd fit terminal guard and a plume management kit, and still keep the terminal guard 50mm from the terminal.

I would be interested to know how you'd fit terminal guard and a plume management kit, and still keep the terminal guard 50mm from the terminal.

There are guards that suit for this situation.

picking holes but the flue securing screw is missing on the boiler, and the air inlet is to close to the air brick!

Thanks- chap is back tomorrow to add the screw vaillant only supplied 5 screws with the telescopic flue kit and 6 are needed

your welcome but dont see why 6 are needed, one for fixing flue in position and 4 for securing flue clamps!

bell824";p="2976659 said:
your welcome but dont see why 6 are needed, one for fixing flue in position and 4 for securing flue clamps![

There were 2 holes for securing the telescopic movement and the manuals said screw both after drilling a 3mm hole drilling carefully so not to damage the inner duct. Then he put some white tape over the joint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back