Vaillant heating VRC 470F controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys newby here just had new boiler installed Vaillant 937 combi store with controls VRC470F. The problem is the heating engineer had not fitted one before so leaves it with you.

What I have done so far is changed heating curve to 2.5, set all boiler controls to max and I am now getting good heat out of it.
I would like help with setting up the everyday timer, and would also like to know do I leave it in auto mode all the time or should I be using heating circuit 1

Any help would be great

Cheers

Tony

Sponsored Links
yes heating circuit 1 is correct.. heating curve is high at 2.5, is the controller in the boiler or out of it...

what you want to avoid is using TRvs to limit the heat input into the rooms... that indicates the curve is set too high..

Hi

Thanks for coming back so prompt I have the controller on the wall not in the boiler, and there are no trv in the vicinity it as only been installed this week so I may move the controller to another position to get the best out of the system.
The guy that fitted it set the heating curve at 1.2 I read on here to start at 2.5 and work down what would you recommend?

Cheers

Tony

you need to check in installer level that room control is set to either modulating or thermostat

without knowing the system and house in cant comment on the curve, I never go above 1.9, but I work in Central London..

Sponsored Links
I have it set to modulating again I read that on here, I am assuming that is correct,
I will set the curve at 1.9 and see how that goes.
Sorry to be a pain but do I set the controller to comfort instead of auto to get the timer to work? What is the auto setting for is the like setting it to constant.

Cheers

Tony

that's seems to be the problem the timer is not working in auto or anything else for that matter. I will have another look at it tomorrow when i get back from work, I don't think i am far off now, thanks for your help and i will let you know how i get on

cheers

Tony

how are you judging whether it is working.. I have probably installed 80 of these or the older equivalent and never had one fail out if the box.

the follow temperatures! both set back 15c and desired heating temp about 20c by default.

If the outside temperature is less than these then their will be boiler activity...

Cracked it I have set the curve to 1.9 and i will see how that goes, I also set the timer to go off at 8.10 and i have just looked at the controller and bingo the moon image is on the screen and it is in fall back 12.5 so i think i am there just need to tweak it over the next week or so, thanks again for you time.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back