Vaillant VRC 470f keeps resetting it's self.

Anyone with the same issue. Yes the date and time are stored in the receiver which is attached to the boiler.
My controller was doing the same thing..... Resetting the date/ time clock to it's default.
I'm assuming it could have been due to power dips on the mains.
Anyway, the receiver board had a button type capacitor fitted to it which acts as a backup for the time settings. It looks like a small watch battery but is actually a capacitor.
It is a KORCHIP SM414 . The rating according to the manufacturer's website is 0.07F 3.3 v.
I replaced mine with an alternative type from ebay.
An Elna 0.1F 5.5v
The Elner capacitor is physically bigger than the original but fits snugly in the available space.
A bigger capacitance and able to withstand a slightly higher voltage. Just means it will provide backup for longer (approx 3x longer)
TBH I could have sourced an original spec capacitor, but it was going to be a lot more expensive than the Elna capacitor was, and we all like to save a bit of dosh.
Just be careful when you unsolder the old capacitor. The top contact (+) unsolders easily enough from the pcb, but you need to be careful unsoldering the bottom contact (-) so you don't tear the copper foil on the pcb.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back