Vaillant Issues

dont read the instructions

dont worry about pump size

dont worry about flow rates

you can always blame the boiler when things dont quite work properly.

Sponsored Links
well what ever the issue with the pump which I have never experienced, the 400 does have issues with vaillants own controls...

http://vaillantcyclingproblem.blogspot.com/

blame who you want, the 400 boiler is a lemon..probably because its only available in the UK market

the other vaillant products are excellent with their own controls...

I forgot to mention typical D40/D41 values.

Ramping up when D0 = 17 this morning...though its behaved itself much better than previously!

10 mins = 55/30 (dT =25)
20 mins = 67/38 (dT = 29)
25 mins = 70/41 (dT = 29)
S53 for 15 mins and restarts automatically
40 mins = 68/46 (dT = 22)
45 mins = 70/47 (dT = 23)
50 mins = 74/50 (dT = 24) and running ok

Vince101, can I ask who installed you boiler/system/controls etc if you know?

Alec.. Some good factual information here... So.... maybe you can answer..
at 17KW (according to D0)
1. What is the current flow rate through this boiler based in the info above?
2. What is the minimum flow for this boiler as written in the MI?

Sponsored Links
No thank you, I don't need the formula, it's the answer i'm asking for..

Why can you not answer it now?

cos I am off to bed...

fyi a senior product manager has been to one of two installs twice and the other was visited by group service who told my client he was out of his depth..and would escalate the issue

if its my installs you are looking at for the fault please think again.. if Vaillant technicians can't find a fault I doubt you would be a

Oh... I sincerely didn't realise it was your installation... I guess it is then judging by your defensive response.
I was merely asking a simple question based on facts [FACTS!!!]
Your response is unfounded, non constructive and non factual.

As for the "advice"..... You can keep it.

It takes seconds to calculate my question and much less time than your previous response, which tells me that you're avoiding the question. So i'm afraid, your advice isn't worth a great deal to me.

Ha ha hilarious mr v u been on here 5 mins and Alec's bin found out! As has been said before loads of these fitted no problem if fitted Correctly! The boiler only struggles to cope when fitted incorrectly an it's only fault is that is more susceptible than others to poor installation,as bloody loads have tried to tell clever dick Alec . He really is as Dm would say a CCC!

yes I can, but not now...

do you need the formulae?

It seems the 'formulae' escaped your attention when installing these boilers , do yourself a favour and answer the question Alec. ;)

you guys are in no position to tell me to do anything...

It is good enough for me that Vaillant product managers have seen my installs and not raised any concerns about them the components installed or specifically the pump size

If you want me to expand on that I will do so but not in a public forum. I and you frequent the combustion chamber so you can start a thread there!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back