Vaillant No Hot Water

Sponsored Links
Here is the updated picture.

Thanks for the manual Coljack

The serial number does not start with 002, the serial numbers I saw was 03 and 12.

This is the second day and it seems to be working fine. I do not understand since the only thing I did was the pressure, then change the settings on the outside of the boiler (star burst to Crescent Moon and hot water flow down to 3/4).

Thank you everyone for helping out. And, I am laughing about the posts I am seeing on here. I was trying to find something witty to say here, but I can not think of one.

Sponsored Links
Its often difficult to think of anything witty.

I always think that I am more witty after a drink but when sober again I realise that its only my own perception that has changed!

Hi everyone,

This entire time, we had no problems with the boiler until recently. We hired contractors to redo the bathroom and while they were working, they messed with the boiler and now we do not get hot water again.

The pressure is fine, I have the settings set as described (crescent moon and 3/4 hot water flow) and the boiler seems to want to warm the water but is not doing so. When i run the hot water, the boiler blinks green and every now and then, the yellow light will turn on. But the hot water flow is not constant and at times, non existent.

I checked the info and I received S.33 (check air / flue system). I ran the diagnostic on the air pressure switch and it is set to 0.

Besides the work describe earlier, i have had no experience working on boilers and cannot afford to pay for an experience technician to look at it (since we just paid to have the bathroom done).

Can anyone offer any suggestions on how I can check the air flow system?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Listen to the bunnyman ;)

D24 shows the status of the APS 0= not made/ not working; 1= working

If APS is black bin it!

bunnyman,

I am sorry for upsetting you. Is changing the switch hard? would a novice like me be able to do this as long as I have some technical experience and the user manual?

Regards

That must have been a very expensive bathroom.

I have rarely seen a black APS on that style of boiler but found many grey ones with high resistance contacts.

Whenever I changed a diverter valve I used to say that I will see them in a few months when the APS fails.

Tony

For gods sake agile y do u always complicate things! The turbomax in question had only black air pressure switches fitted during 2002 an some of 2003 an they all failed!! Without exception!! Ur experience of this model must b very limited

Well that explains why I have only see so few because they were only fitted for a short time and perhaps many were replaced under the warrantee or shortly afterwards.

The main point that I was making though is that the grey APS is the most common fault that I encounter after the diverter valve.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back