Vaillant or Viessmann

Agree with gasservice 1985 - sticking with the car analogy it's like buying an Alfa Romeo, or a Range Rover. Make friends with the main dealer!

If you just want it to get you to work, get a little Japanese thing or maybe a Fiesta... :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Fit quite a few Veissmann compacts heat only

But there Combi ?
Veissmann model 100 I think has tacky rubber hoses connecting the heat exc to the manifold assembly all held on with tacky hose clips :)

german engineering at its best ( maybe ?), a Ravenheat is built to a better standard, plus the fact there is more plastic on it than u would have found at 1 of them tupper ware partys in the 70's , spares are probably horrendous price as well ???

Some boiler manus use service agents for in-warranty work , just some thing to consider ?

Veissmann model 100 I think has tacky rubber hoses connecting the heat exc to the manifold assembly all held on with tacky hose clips :)

Sounds like you are describing a Vaillant !

I guess I am in a different world...the early 100s I did are still fine as are the few compacts...but the you have to recharge the pressure vessel every year or so (just like all boilers I might add!)

the 100 isn't my favourite boiler being entry level but it is good...

the 200 is verging on the excellent, but only with the vitotronic 200 weather compensation kit...

all vaillants seem equally good...again no issues with rubber hoses

may be its the controls I use... I would not claim to be a much better installer than anyone else though (Oh ok a few cowboys may be!)

Sponsored Links
Tahir - I would be a little concerned about the installer frankly.

There is nothing at all unusual about the Atag, there are plenty of service agents in the UK to look after it should there be a problem.

Ultimately I will fit whatever the clients wants.

Obviously outside his comfort zone.

Ask him what his problem with the Atag is? they and their spares are available from Plumbcenter - one of the biggest merchants in the UK.

Ordered the Atag and spoke to their tech support regarding ongoing warranty. The installer doesn't seem comfortable with supporting the product on going but will install it. Atag advise the warranty is with the product so no issues as they will find me an Atag service engineer should the need ever arise. I love the idea of a gas saver unit built in so sticking with the boiler.

Another question best filter, magnaclean, TF1 or Spirotech?

Spirotech mb3

I would imagine you'd get less differing opinions on that one. They are all good but spirotech is the best

Making sure the system is clean first is more important than a filter

The installer will be cleaning the system out and making sure it will be ready for the new boiler. Thanks for all the advice all, much appreciated.

But there Combi ?

german engineering at its best ( maybe ?), a Ravenheat is built to a better standard, plus the fact there is more plastic on it than u would have found at 1 of them tupper ware partys in the 70's , spares are probably horrendous price as well ???

Some boiler manus use service agents for in-warranty work , just some thing to consider ?

As this is all guesswork, it would be well to ignore it.

What guess work ??

fitted one of them (your ?) combis for a retired engineer , german quality they said , fortunately the custumer did not see the boiler with the casing off , IMHO it was an embarrassment :)
Afaik herr Veissmann does not sell the same model in germany , perhaps they do a non plastic non rubber hose model for there home market , while the UK get there plastic model / rubber model (carp?) :) ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back