Vaillant or Worcester ?

My mate who is a builder is calling in a few favours to help me out that's why I can get the plumber to install and commission for a days cash in hand
But I need to supply the boiler etc

Sponsored Links
The bunny is better in terms of engineering and repairs from a gas mans point of view BUT the Worcester warranty is like putting a destroyer and against Nimitz class aircraft carrier..........
Worcester is the carrier and it will win.

Ive fitted both and repaired them too so I speak from experience

we had a Valiant installed and have problems with restricted flow resulting in kettling. have had heat exchanger replaced by V under warranty. A second installer told me they fit worcs due to heat exchanger being wider bore than Valiant thus less likely to block up on anything other than pristine condition systems. This info I'm just passing on - maybe worth the OP while checking this aspect out. I for one, would not get another valiant ....

Sponsored Links
SGM was very fair and quite correct regardiing a thoroughly flushed system for the Vaillant That's the consideration with Vaillant, the system has to be very well flushed and you have an older open vented system that will need cleaning but you're job is being done piecemeal for cash by mates. Often, usually, doesn't result in a good long lasting job.

Personally......Wofter and vanillat are bout the same.

Bit like asking....

M3 bmw or C63 amg....

Both tasty......Both do the works.....Both same same but different.

I agree with Manortrim, both boilers are OK, but the analogy should liken Vaillant customer service to British Leyland. Worcester customer service could be justly compared to Merc or BMW.

I agree with Simond - I was appalled at how much work I had to put in to get Vaillant to recognise and then deal with the crap pump that was fitted to my Ecotec. It failed within 6 months and I couldn't believe I was dealing with a so called premium manufacturer.

Of the two, Vaillant all day long

Of any boiler out there, Intergas. If you're on a budget, the new Rapid is cheaper than the HRE and there isn't much difference between them

Ah, the dutch Ferroli. Only four moving parts. The boiler company that literally rewrote history.

I thought the question was, Worcester or Vaillant?

Are you quite sure the installer is gas registered in his own name and can legally fit it for you AND register the installation with Building Control?

We read about a lot of these cash deals which go wrong on here!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back