Vaillant sine flaky pcb?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant VCW-Sine 18T3WFH which seems to still work OK for the most part. This weekend it decided it was going to run the CH continuously. The clock and stat won't turn it off, pin 4 is stuck at 240V. Temperature regulation is fine so I think the NTC is fine and the burners go off if I ground the connector. The main power switch turns it off. The CH switch doesn't turn it off but does turn off the light in the main switch (!).

So I think the PCB has gone wonky. Could be the switch panel but they actually seem to do something so I think its the board. Any thoughts?

--ian

Sponsored Links
There is no guess work involved. It is a case of locate the fault and fix.

I thought this was the end of the line? What could possibly be pulling pin 4 live even when the time clock is off? Even with the time clock disconnected? Should I be tracing the circuit board to see where that signal is coming from?

I should have mentioned that DHW is fine although not very convenient because I have to have the boiler switched off most of the time to stop the house melting.

--ian

Sponsored Links
Threw a full set off boards for one of these in the bin last week as its been at least 12 years since i have seen one that needed them, still got 3 flowswitches though .
Will get the kids to show me how ebay works

I have been to a Sine 18 with a faulty switch or switch pCB.

It was a while ago and I dont remember what the symptom was.

Rather unusually, I think I replaced the whole switch PCB as I had an old one to hand.

Tony

I'm feeling happier. The water section microswitch(es) was apparently stuck on. I tweaked them off and now the heating works on the time switch instead of all the time. I don't know yet whether the diaphragm is knackered or fingers crossed the switch position is not quite right.

--ian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back